Project "Magna Graecia for Solidarity" (MG4S) – Greece – European Voluntary Service
The project "Magna Graecia for Solidarity" (MG4S) is a European voluntary service project, funded by the National Youth Agency Erasmus + through (nr. project: 2016-1-En03-KA105-008228).
MG4S was born from the need of involving 4 young Italians in a European voluntary project on one of the topical issues, that is the question migration from the Mediterranean. The South axis Italy – Greece, and Magna Graecia in particular accounted for civilization, the history and roots of the current Europe. On this Board, symbolically, is the project.
The project includes a mobility in Greece, in Athens, which lasts 6 months, from 11/21/2016 to 5/24/2017 and will take place in the Greek capital, where many problems and emergencies related to immigration. Four volunteers will be hosted for 6 months at the headquarters of the Association KEAN. Young people will be engaged in a wide range of activities, network with associations and Government agencies partner of KEAN. The aim of the project is to support the processes of material assistance and integration of migrants in Athens, working at the same time to the ordinary activities of the Association.
Volunteers are not required specific skills or qualifications, but only large proactivity and motivation to engage on the topic of the project.
Coordination and organization:
Deadline for applications: September 10, 2016
Place: Athens, Greece.
Participants: 4 young people aged between 18 and 30 years of age, residing in Italy, good knowledge of English, with a predisposition to the development of voluntary activities and interest in the issue of immigration.
Duration: 6 months, from November 21, 2016 at May 24, 2017.
- Participation in activities (including training sessions organized by the Greek Youth Agency), food (via monthly cash contribution) and lodging (independent apartment in Central and well connected) and insurance are fully funded Erasmus +.
- The volunteer is also dispensed monthly pocket money for personal expenses.
- Are funded: language training, logistic support group. Long distance tutoring by digital future, as sending organisation.
- Travel expenses reimbursed up to a maximum of 275 € a/r, at the end of the project.
Participants will receive a certificate, "Youthpass" which describes and validates the non-formal and informal learning experience gained during the project, to be attached to the CV.
The volunteers will operate from 11/21/2016 to 4 5/24/2017 in Athens, at the headquarters of KEAN, serving volunteer in support of emergency and/or ordinary management of vulnerable groups of immigrants. The target audience will vary based on the flows of the moment, to which the volunteers will be at work within an acceptance of both first and second level. We will try to offer a range of activities as widely as possible.
The targets, which are closely linked to the construction of a real European citizenship and solidarity, are:
-Promoting European citizenship, civic engagement and youth participation in the social life of Europe;
-Promote social inclusion of migrants in Europe;
-Provide opportunities for non-formal learning within the reception and assistance to migrants.
The proposed activities aim to achieve a volunteering experience "on the ground" to 4 young people, bringing innovation in an industry in which innovation and humanity. Such activities, which are listed generically and not exhaustive, must be accompanied by personal initiatives and projects of volunteers, with perforation of KEAN. You will therefore unconventional training Erasmus + to integrate basic assistance and low-threshold and/or material.
- Events and communication campaigns against discrimination and in favour of solidarity;
- Research and development of a network of organizations and local volunteers who provide support to immigrants in the city;
- Participation in meetings of staff for planning and design of new interventions;
- Participation in interactive workshops on the subject of first aid to refugees;
- Video interviews and video "Little stories from people on the move", to stimulate the local solidarity;
- Digital storytelling activities coordinated by FuturoDigitale for the account of the EVS experience;
- Creative workshops with children and immigrant children.
For more details on activities, see the orientation schedule: CLICK HERE
For more details check out the official Info-pack: GET IT HERE!
Application and selection
To apply you must send an email with CV and motivation letter (at least 2,500 characters including spaces), possibly in English at email@example.com (Antonio Rossi) and copy to the head of KEAN (Iro Louka) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line of the email must be marked "application (Full_name) _ Magna Graecia for Solidarity".
Together with the Association FuturoDigitale KEAN will proceed shortly to selection through interviews in person or via Skype for candidates found fit to a first pre-selection.
For more details on the project and for information, write to Antonio Rossi, Digital Future EVS Coordinator: email@example.com or call 333 403 2852.