Futuro Digitale Association implements the project
European Voluntary Service | Erasmus+ Programme
“YOUTHink Together” is an EVS project financed by the Italian National Agency for Youth, in the frame of Erasmus+ Programme (project nr. 2016-2-IT03-KA105-008989).
The project is focused on putting at the centre the role of volunteers in creating a real shift at local level. The project will be placed in an ex-industrial place in Sant’Antonio Abate (near Naples) converted to cultural and youth activities where a flourishing youth group is growing and the Association Futuro Digitale is located. Such a Center is attended by about 1.000 youngsters per week. The project will involve 2 volunteers (1 from Spain and 1 from Sweden), for a mobility of 10 months. The project has the aim to empower youth at local level through volunteering activities and the engagement of EVS volunteers, in order to better language skills, develop democratic dialogue, learning non-formal educational methods and foster a tolerant and inclusive society. The activities will be focused on youth work, sport, creativity (theatre, recycling, events planning) and NGO management.
Location of most of the activities and venue of the Association’s office in Campania Region: click here
Coordinating Organisation: Associazione di Promozione Sociale Futuro Digitale: website – page on facebook
Hosting Organisation: Associazione di Promozione Sociale Futuro Digitale – Campania
- Spain: Europa Aqui (email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Sweden: Globala Kronoberg (email: email@example.com – website)
Deadline for applications: 1st of March 2017
Place: Sant’Antonio Abate (Province of Naples), Italy.
Look at the video about the city[embedyt] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsOt_tDTihY[/embedyt]
Participants: 2 volunteers (1 from Spain and 1 from Sweden), with the following basic requirments:
- Motivation in taking part to an EVS project for 10 months;
- Age between 18 and 30 years old;
- Basic knowledge of English and/or Italian language (optional);
- Interest in the topics of: youth, creativity, educational activities, sport and project/event planning.
Duration: 10 months, from 1st of April, 2017 to 10th of February 2018 .
- Participation, trainings, logistic support, accommodation and food allowance are totally funded by Erasmus+ grant, managed by the Coordinating Organisation.
- The volunteer will pay in advance his/her travel, that will be reimbursed up to 275 €, basing on the tickets and invoices to report.
- The volunteer will receive monthly a Pocket Money for his/her personal expenses. For EVS projects in Italy, the pocket money is 115 € per month.
The participant will receive the ”Youthpass” Certification, which describes and recognises the experience, the skills and the competences acquired during the EVS, very useful to enrich the personal CV.
The Project “YOUTHink Together”
The added value of our project is the presence of a lot of local volunteers, youth workers and other people that will cooperate with the EVS volunteers, allowing them to feel and be part of the local community. Futuro Digitale will provide a specific staff for the volunteers: a trainer, a mentor and an Italian teacher. At the same time, there will be a lot of people and volunteers which, basing on the type of activity to be carried out, will support and cooperate with the EVS volunteers.
General tasks of the volunteer
The volunteers will be actively involved in different and various tasks. First of all, they will be part of the ordinary activities of Futuro Digitale, such as the participation and organisation of EU and intercultural events, but also on specific projects created for “YOUTHink Together”. One of the aim will be their inclusion in the local community, for a bilateral contribution to the social and human growth of the people involved.
The overall calendar will reflect a number of activities referred to the association Futuro Digitale:
– Practical work in revamping the ex-industrial structure (some areas are being converted in sports pitches, in theatre places etc.). Volunteers will be working together with the local youth to support them in the local planning & restoration and in the requalification of the building;
– Volunteers will be in charge of creating educational activities on transversal skills (the eight foreseen by EU) both for children and for youth, in order to prepare them on Erasmus plus programme, as well as supporting them in their social empowerment referred to employability and entrepreneurship.
– Volunteers will have to steer educational activities together with local youth workers such as workshops, info days, school meetings, theatre activities etc. A lot of events will take place during the 10 months of the project: Move Week, Europe Day, OroRosso (a festival about traditional foods), Volunteering Day, Multiliguism Forum, etc. Futuro Digitale carries out these events every year, but the contribution of the EVS volunteers can be a real added value to innovate them.
– Volunteers will organise linguistic activities through language cafes in order to support local youth to acquire better language skills both in English and in the volunteers’ native language.
– Volunteers will have to back also Futuro Digitale’s activities, such as networking (offline and online), conference organisation, project writing and revamping of digital documents.
– Volunteers will participate to the local democratic meetings which are regularly held by the local associations. Futuro Digitale is part of the NGO local forum. Volunteers will learn and understand how to cooperate with other associations and how to act in a democratic society.
– Volunteers will be learning Italian through regular sessions organised by Futuro Digitale.
– Volunteers will be formed also in storytelling as they will be working to tell the stories of their EVS as well as to engage other youth to be volunteers through Erasmus plus. They will be formed by Futuro Digitale in how to tell stories and how to use digital tools to better express themselves.
The dissemination activities will be focused on a strategy of digital storytelling and organisation of offline events for the community. An important part of the project will be referred to the preparation and follow-up.
For further details and information, please download the Official Info-pack! click here.
To read the Project specification form, click here !
How to apply?
To apply for the project, please send your CV and Motivational letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org (Antonio Rossi, Futuro Digitale Association).
- For the Swedish candidates, send the same documents to Joana, responsible for the Sending organisation Globala Kronoberg: email@example.com
- For the Spanish candidates, send the documents to Maria, responsible for the Sending organisation Europa Aquì: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to have you in our project! Sharing motivations, ideas and acting for a change!