Futuro Digitale is partner of the project
KA2 Strategic partnership in the field of youth
“Breaking barriers and supporting Young Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder in their transition to Employment“
TransitAction is an Erasmus + funded project with the aim to provide Young Adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (YAASD), Transition Coaches (TC) and other actors in their lives, new skills and innovative tools to support YAASD in the difficult transition from school or inactivity to employment.
Statistics show that Young Adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorders face greater difficulties than their peers in the transition to employment. Not only do they have more difficulty finding a job but, more generally, this phase represents a moment of particular risk for them, characterized by increased isolation, heightened symptoms (especially for mental health issues), depression, higher suicidal risk, etc. At the same time this transition is a particularly difficult phase to support for Transition Coaches who often do not have the necessary skills. For Companies, hardly opening the door to the inclusion of YAASD. For families and the community in general, facing a complex change in their role and task that they often fail to manage.
- Enhanced support to YAASD in their transition to Employment
- Transition Coaches have more effective skills and tools to support YAASD in their transition;
- YAASD have more tools to deal with the transition and are actively involved in this process;
- Companies are more open to employ YAASD and the co-workers are more prepared to integrate them;
- Families, volunteers’ associations and the community in general are better prepared for the transition and capable of managing in a positive manner the change that it entails for their role.
Online Platform & Social Media
An Online Platform will be designed and implemented to collect and disseminate the research outcomes and to develop innovative methodologies to use. It will offer interactive and inspiring contents through sharing good practices, tools, e-Learning modules and experiences that will function as a guide for TC, YAASD and other stakeholders.
The methodology will be participatory, inclusive and horizontal, based on the cooperation of a plurality of key-actors.
Transition Coaches (TC):
- More effective skills and tools that TC will have for a real change in the Labour Market;
- TC can offer long term coaching at the workplace;
- TC will have better knowledge of the combination of work income/social benefits, relevant legislation that can help integration on the labour market and maintain employment;
Young Adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorder YAASD:
- More tools to deal with the transition to Employment and to adapt and overcome all the challenges involved in the transition (as regards their persons of reference, their peer group, in everyday life, etc.);
- Deeper knowledge of the labour market and adequate skills to face this transition;
Companies & Employers:
- Companies will be more open to employ YAASD;
- More prepared staff to interact with YAASD and open to integrate them into their work group;
- More flexible approach and blended solutions in hiring.
Families & Other stakeholders:
- Families, volunteers’ associations and the community in general are better prepared for the transition and capable to manage in a positive manner the change that it entails for their role.
Expected impacts and long-term benefit
The Online Platform, through its translation software, will be available in multiple languages. The Training Modules will be available on the Platform in 5 languages (English, Dutch, Greek, Italian, Slovenian). Dissemination events of the project results will be held in Greece, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Slovenia, Ireland. This way, both I.O. will be known at European level and could be used internationally, leading to a real improvement in the support to YAASD transition.
In the long term, the project will generate, among other things:
- Enhanced YAASD labor inclusion;
- Stronger financial independence of YAASD;
- Enhanced social role and inclusion YAASD in the community;
- Decreased economic / social cost of YAASD support;
- Better quality of life of YAASD and their families.
EPR – EPR is a community of service providers working with people with disabilities committed to high quality service delivery. EPR analyses effectiveness in service provision; improves quality of services and quality of life for clients, as well as positively impacting their daily work experience.
Autimatic – Autimatic aims to maximise employment of people on the autism spectrum through teleworking.
Autimatic – Autimatic mira a massimizzare l’occupazione delle persone nello spettro autistico attraverso il lavoro telematico.
URI – Center for vocational rehabilitation works within University rehabilitation Institute Republic of Slovenia and carries out team-based planning, performance and assessment of programs of vocational and employment rehabilitation as an integral part of comprehensive rehabilitation. Vocational rehabilitation center’s professional work covers the areas of healthcare, employment and pension and disability insurance and legislation.
GTB – The Specialised Mediation Team – helps people in vulnerable situations , especially people with a disability or health problems, to find work and stay in work . By achieving this goal, we support employers and the networks around our clients.
Futuro Digitale – Futuro Digitale promotes digital culture, European citizenship and social projects to reduce the digital divide, promote inclusion and solidarity among people.
“THEOTOKOS” Foundation – Is a non-profit welfare organization (private law entity) operating since 1963. Special education and therapy services are provided to preschool children aged 2,5 – 5 years (early intervention) and to teenagers aged 14 – 20 years with developmental delays, developmental intellectual disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Vocational training and rehabilitation are provided to young adults aged 20 – 35 years. Family environments are supported and intervention is implemented when necessary.
Rehab Group – is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.