The FuturoDigitale Association is a Partner of the project
“Girls coding their own future!”
Applicant: Girls in Tech Luxembourg Asbl
Participating countries: Spain, Italy, Slovenia, Georgia, Moldova
Date: from 19 to 24 November 2015
Digital future search: 2 participants regardless of age
- participation in activities, room and Board are fully funded Erasmus +.
- the participant must anticipate the travel expenses, which will be followed by a refund up to 275 €.
- You must pay, before departure, a fee of 50 €.
Participants will receive a certificate, “Youthpass” which describes and validates the non-formal and informal learning experience gained during the project, to be attached to the CV.
Discuss and exchange best practices to encourage girls and young women to learn how to code and use new technologies as an enabler to create new opportunities. The project was born in Istanbul during an Euromed “partnership building” seminar “Empower Women, Entrepreneurship” in Istanbul in October 2014 organized by Youth in Action.
Topics to be discussed:
- Which Digital competences are becoming critical nowadays?
- Learn to learn: as tech is changing all the time, how we can we pass the message that learning technology is first and foremost learning to learn and adapt to change?
- Gender equality: how to break stereotypes around geek and tech world and therefore make sure girls do not miss out on opportunities?
- Entrepreneurship: technology is an enabler skills for entrepreneurship. How can technology help women becoming entrepreneurs and have the confidence to start their own business?
- Coding is a new language: how to communicate with computers?
- Digital culture: what does that mean for our society, jobs and personal life?
- 2 participants per partner
- Youth leaders, Project Managers interested in the field of technology and/or gender equality, especially those who already implemented activities in that field or are planning too.
- Volunteers who want to share and improve their experience of informal learning.
- Male and Women welcome (gender balance in endorsed for this activity).
- Age 18 +, no age limit
- Good communication skills in English (the seminar will be held in English).
Role of partners:
- Send participants who are involved in youth work and willing to contribute to a seminar where they can improve their knowledge thanks to informal learning.
- Contribute in sharing their experience sharing one specific stories and best practices in involving girls and young women in tech.
- Exchange of best practices, workshops
- Field visits (Hackerspace, one technology company such as Microsoft and a technology incubator)
- Practical coding workshop: try coding!
- Discuss key competencies