By delegated of November 13, 2014, the Association FuturoDigitale has been credited (with number 2014-1-En03-KA110-004277) from the National Youth Agency as a sending organization and coordination for the European voluntary service-EVS!
EVS is based on the following principles:
- increase their skills through practical experience of volunteering abroad;
- learning another language;
- develop the ability to relate to people of different language and culture;
- spread tolerance among young people in the European Union;
- promoting active citizenship;
- support the development of local communities;
EVS is not:
- occasional volunteer, part-time;
- an internship in a company, in a humanitarian organization or an NGO;
- a recreation or tourist activity;
- a language course abroad;
- paid work;
The European voluntary service offers a range of projects in various areas: culture, youth, sports, social care for the elderly, the disabled and immigrants, cultural heritage, art, leisure, media and communications, environmental protection and education, rural development and development cooperation.
Is it possible to do EVS in:
- in all 27 Member States of the European Union;
- in the EFTA countries (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein);
- in the candidate countries (Turkey, Croatia);
- in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus;
- other countries in the rest of the world (with different times and procedures)
Travel expenses, accommodation, meals, local transportation, health insurance, monthly pocket money and language course are covered and funded by the European Commission (10% contribution to the volunteer to do so only for travel expenses).
Volunteers no participation fee to EVS even to apply!
European voluntary service is based on a strong partnership between: sending organisation (sending organisation), host (host organization) and voluntary organisation.
The sending organisation is in charge of preparing the young before departure. Undertakes to inform the applicant about the search mode of EVS projects, training pre-departure and follows the volunteer at a distance throughout her stay abroad and on his return.
The host organization will provide the international volunteer accommodation, meals, local transport, technical training and logistical support and Linguistics (Coordinator) and psychological (mentor) necessary. Finally, it must ensure that the international volunteer service is an authentic learning experience for the young.
The volunteer will work 5 days out of 7 for up to 40 hours per week and will have 2 days off per month accumulated. Obliged to participate before the start, one upon arrival and at the halfway point and must comply with the guidelines issued by the host organisation carrying out the tasks provided for in international volunteer project.
During the process of selecting host organisations cannot require the possession of specific skills or qualifications, but only in special cases (where circumstances warrant and depending on tasks in which volunteers are employed) are allowed to select candidates with specific experience.
Eg. may be required experience in working with children but not a degree in educational sciences.
Host organisations cannot require that volunteers belong to a specific ethnic group, religious, or have a particular sexual orientation or political opinion.
Eg. It may be required that the volunteer is from a particular country, such as France, but it is not possible to indicate their ethnicity.
For more information visit the pages of the national agency youth.
EVS additional information
Click on the pages below to get additional information about the projects supported!
- European Voluntary Service-Projects
- Volunteer in Italy through European Voluntary Service
- EVS Info Kit