Futuro Digitale is a coordinator of the project Employability Skills 4 Youth
- Futuro Digitale (Italia) – Coordinator
- Conexx – Europe asbl (Belgio)
- Sdruzhenie Profesionalen forum za Obrazovanieto (Bulgaria)
- Asociacion Projuven (Spagna)
- Grupo Polo Tecnologico Rosario (Argentina)
- Camara De Comercio Italiana De Rosario (Argentina)
- Comune di Tarsia (Italia)
- Centro De Estudios De Paysandu (Uruguay)
- Universidad Austral De Chile (Chile)
- Asociacion Puente Sur (Paraguay)
Project Reference: 581412-EPP-1-2016-2-IT-EPPKA2-CBY-ACPALA
Start: 01-01-2017 – End: 30-09-2018
Sub-programme: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action: Capacity Building for youth in ACP countries, Latin America and Asia
Site web: https://www.es4y.eu/
E-Learning Plattaform: es4y.moodlecloud.com
Training Course at the Futuro Digitale office
Europe faces a moment of transformation, the crisis has not only an economic face but also a social dimension which is currently facing a lot of challenges. Youth are one of the groups that are struggling the most with that reality.
All European partners are from countries where youth and graduates’ unemployment rates are among the highest of the EU (see Eurostat “Youth unemployment rate”). On the other side, the economic region of Central America and Mexico is forecast to grow 2.6% this year, while South America is expected to contract 1.9% due primarily to the economic crisis in Latin America’s largest economy, Brazil, which shed more than 1.5 million jobs last year amid its worst recession in over a century.
The problem is not just in Brazil. Uruguay has the continent’s highest youth unemployment rate at 22.1% , while Costa Rica has Central America’s highest rate at 22.6% (ECLAC, 2016).In spite of the increasing recognition of entrepreneurship at EU level as a source of job creation, empowerment and economic dynamism in a rapidly globalising world, there has been no a real systematic attempt to look at it from a youth angle.
The project intends to stimulate public debate on the benefits of youth entrepreneurship as a viable career option, obstacles that stand in its way, and policy measures and strategies that can be initiated to support it.
The overall objective of the project is to transfer to youth workers innovative training methodologies to improve guidance and counselling, vocational and non-formal training in EU and Latin America for youngsters and young NEETs who are facing more difficulties to enter on the labour market and thus, are more vulnerable to be at risk of social exclusion.
The project aims at fostering entrepreneurship education, including social entrepreneurship, in our target group through a high quality project which improves youth workers entrepreneurial skills and therefore their abilities to provide assistance to young people.
This project will develop youth workers’ set of technical, transversal and intercultural skills and competences and indirectly may open for the youngsters of partners’ local community new job opportunities and improve their employability.
The Employability Skills 4 Youth (ES4Y) project plans to build the capacity of 10 youth organizations through a series of inclusive mobility initiatives aimed to develop experiential and non-formal learning methods of work with marginalized youth.
This project will contribute to the implementation of “Europe 2020” strategy, working specifically in the fight against poverty and social exclusion of youth. Project partners will collaboratively prepare a capacity building programme which will be passed on to other youth workers in their countries to increase their organizations social impact and visibility.
ES4Y aims to promote peer learning between youth workers of different continents based on creativity, active participation and intercultural learning.
The objectives are:
- Establishing an innovative form of learning, using methodologies in information technology, a virtual collaboration;
- Use online tools during the project period in order to share results, offer online training courses and develop the skills of the partners;
- Create a set of learning materials such as OER (free learning resources);
- Strengthen the formal and informal learning in young people between Europe and Latin America;
- Share experiences of youth mobility projects in Europe and innovative educational practices related to social inclusion with Latin American organizations and explore the job opportunities for young people in these two areas;
- Better understanding of the differences between Latin America and Europe in the frame of the role of youth in society;
- Promoting peer learning among young workers from different countries, based on creativity, active participation and intercultural learning;
- Creating among young people a sense of initiative and raise awareness regarding a positive contribution through their participation in society;
- Reinforce a more inclusive society through the education of young people, the future of Europe;
- Develop not only knowledge and skills but also to help young workers to become the most active members of society, responsi, committed and with an open mind;
- Encourage a type of teaching that fight any kind of discrimination or racism in order to strengthen social ties, as well as create a sense of belonging;
- Creating crossed synergies at the transnational level among the participants;
- Create innovative tools related to the inclusion, based on the exchange of experiences and best practices, development of new skills and peer learning; a set of videos to share on social media, an interactive blog with the best practices from the different continents.
Output del progetto
- Development of a website and the online platform, Implementation of e-learning courses (in all languages of the Partner Organizations).
- Digital guide to all the necessary skills for employers to facilitate the creation of jobs.