Project number: 589823-EPP-1-2017-1-AM-EPPKA2-CBY-EP-CSF
Countries involved: Armenia, Greece, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Italy, Poland
Dates: From 01 June to 6 June 2018
Place: Spezzano Albanese, Italy
Location of the activities: Municipality Spezzano Albanese
If you want more information, download the Infopack
Youth unemployment is a major challenge worldwide and it is conditioned by several factors among which the education system. The curriculum of both basic and professional educational sectors does not address the huge potential of ICT on entrepreneurship and that is why even “digital natives” could not maximize ICT to their advantage for starting business or finding jobs. To achieve continuous improvements of entrepreneurial competencies, along with variety of business related topics, learning should be implemented with effective inclusion of digital literacy elements and use different ICT tools.
The project’s focus on ICT is a response to global market trends that identify digital competence as one of the in-demand skills. By incapacitating youth workers in ICT teaching, we provide a framework that would make it easier for them to develop training programs that combine business related skills with digital competence.
The distinctive Project Consortium, comprising five European NGOs and one Armenian, follows a logical series of activities that
- a) promote the capacity of youth workers to develop digital literacy and entrepreneurship training tools;
- b) apply these tools to equip young people with entrepreneurial and digital skills and
- c) build a sustainable and cooperative approach between young people and youth workers to maximize networking among them and creating innovative long-term partnership.
The project will foster cooperation and exchanges in the field of youth between EU and Armenia through non-formal learning mobility targeting young people with fewer opportunities, promoting their active entrepreneurship and job creation.
The Training Course activities will be delivered through a non-formal education approach and specifically focus in:
- Learning of Methodologies for social entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship skills and youth local reality
- Promoting the professional development of youth workers throw networking and exchange of good practices
- Learning ICT tools and methods that will be later apply with youngsters and in each participant country
- Developing participants’ competencies especially digital one to use different media tools to fight unemployment